Small Farm Management Job at Isabella’s Rest in Colorado – 2021
Isabelle’s Rest is property that lives up to its name. A space of refuge and peace which needs a caretaker to nurture it as it continues to grow and prosper. This 4.6 acre farmette is just waiting for the right people to come love on it and help it grow. Chicken coops and runs are in place and just need a bit of TLC before welcoming a new brood of chicks.
The three beehives have continuously produced over 100lbs of honey for the last 3 years. There is ample space for gardening and growing a myriad of delicious fruits and vegetables. We guarantee your knowledge and nurturing will literally “bear fruit” and if you’re into composting, we highly encourage you to dig in.
Along with tending chickens, bees and farming, we are looking for the right person to help maintain buildings and grounds, a zen garden, trees and our happy barn cats. Our ideal candidate is very capable in several areas and self motivated. They love the land and connecting with possibilities. You’re a grounded dreamer looking for a place to grow and this challenge excites you.
You will have access to our farm truck and Massey-Ferguson tractor along with the responsibility of regular maintenance. The tractor will help you in a myriad of activities like bush-hogging, snow removal and moving heavier items in farm cleanup.
This is vigorous and rewarding work. There is nothing better than eating fresh food from the garden or relaxing in the beauty that simply exists around you here on the farm. The ability to lift 80 lbs and move it around is required as is being authorized to work in the U.S.
As you’ll be living and working here on our property we also need to be able to converse so, fluent English speakers only, please.
This is your chance to live in rural Boulder County on a beautiful 4.6 acre property. We look forward to talking with you and are excited for the next steps on our adventure.
Farming @ Isabelle’s Rest includes vehicle use, overages of produce, eggs or honey, plus land for personal farming. In return you are responsible for:
- Improve and maintain 4.6 acres of beauty, vitality and abundance.
- Keep it organized: Sort, straighten, shine, standardize and sustain.
- Care of chickens, bees, barn cats, and possible future animals.
- Farming of up to 3 acres of conventional areas, plus greenhouses.
- Plan and improve more productivity from the land.
- Grounds maintenance including weeding, mulch spreading, sprinkler repair.
- Maintenance of mediation gardens and structures.
- Maintenance of paths, labyrinth, patios, driveways and parking areas. Including snow removal.
- Management of compost, including incoming greens and egg shells.
- Bushhog, trim, whack and pull weeds.
- Experiment with higher density and more effective farming methods for our climate.
- Light construction and maintenance in and around all dwellings and buildings. Examples: siding repair, paver installation, paint touch ups, cosmetic repairs, etc.
- Repair tractor, implements, power tools, machinery and other tools.
- Pest control, large and small.
- Gutter cleaning, such as after windstorms.
- Tree pruning, such as after windstorms.
- Assist with preparation for outdoor business and personal events.
- Clean up after the ditch company, such as limbs and dirt piles.
- Maintain farm truck: cleaning, oil changes, snow tires, etc.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Must speak English fluently. Must be able to lift 80lbs and carry it 100 ft. Must work more hours as required by growing seasons. No dogs; cats are ok.
To Apply for the Small Farm Management Job in Colorado
Please visit the website at https://isabelles-rest.com/ for specific application instructions. Applications should be mailed to KJJakosky@gmail.com and must include an email explaining how you are a great match and a resume with your job history.